Seller disclosure & home inspection -flooding and furnance issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spucky

I bought a house last fall. The seller completed a disclosure form. The seller did not disclose that the garage floods or that the heating system was improperly installed. The garage flooded a week after I moved in and has continued to do so. The furnace is installed in a very tight space and cannot be accessed for repairs. The gas company canceled my maintenance contract after they came in to do maintenance and could not access the inside of the furnace. The seller had the gas company out previously for a repair, and I have a copy of the comments noting the extremely tight space.
Home inspector missed both problems. The fix for the flooding is to replace the driveway at a cost of about $1500. The fix for the furnace is to replace it at a cost of about $3500. It has been recommended that I get a dispute home inspection and go after the home inspector as these are big issues he should have identified. His report to me noted that the lot was flat (driveway actually is graded toward the garage, not away) and there are visible signs of long term water damage, and that the heating system was fine and that I should get a maintenance contract and annual maintenance. Had he actually looked at it, he would have seen that it can't be accessed. He also thought the roof was fine. After I moved in, I didn't like the look of the roof. I had 3 roofers out who recommended replacement. I just had it replaced. The shingles were totally brittle and there was one spot where a leak had developed, under the shingles. He also thought the water heater was fine - turned out to be 12 years old and sprung a leak 3 months after I moved in. He did not identify the age of it, which I am told can be done by the serial number. Should I just get the things fixed, or are they worth pursuing the seller and inspector? :eek:

I am having the same problem with my disclosure statment except the statment says that our fireplace and central air work and they dont....and the disclosure statement that they gave us is 1 PAGE!!! isnt it suppose to be longer and more in depth about repairs they have made on the house and any construction or remodeling they have done??? this was the first time we bought a house and we really didnt know what the disclosure statement all entailed until after we bought the house.

Hi everyone.
I am new in the Torrance city and need a good home. Could anyone suggest me some website that provide me reliable and affordable equity inspection?

Torrance Certified Home Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back