Naturalization, Citizenship Selective Service and Citizenship

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGue

My husband arrived in the US at 20 with a P1 and after marrying a US Citizen filed for an adjustment of status prior to his 26th birthday. According to the Naturalization Application, if he held any status other than a "lawful nonimmigrant" between the ages of 18 and 26 he needed to register with the selective service. Should he have registered? His conditional residency was not granted until after his 26th birthday. If he should have registered will he be denied citizenship since he didn't? Any info would be appreciated.

Originally posted by AGue
My husband arrived in the US at 20 with a P1 and after marrying a US Citizen filed for an adjustment of status prior to his 26th birthday. According to the Naturalization Application, if he held any status other than a "lawful nonimmigrant" between the ages of 18 and 26 he needed to register with the selective service. Should he have registered? His conditional residency was not granted until after his 26th birthday. If he should have registered will he be denied citizenship since he didn't? Any info would be appreciated.
From your words it would seem that he didn't have the status granted until after his 26th birthday so I would think he should have registered. Will he be denied citizenship? It's hard to say but is there a problem with straightening things out now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back