Seeking help

Eacorp86

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I am a stylist for 15 years now. Last may 1st 2018, I went into business with my "best friend", she came to me asked if I'd like to be her partner exc.
Fast forward I made our partnership agreement, along with all business related paperwork.
In the back of my mind I knew that this issue would be our down fall from the very beginning.
So before we became partners She was my general manager, I was a store manager.
I explained to her.
Right now your my boss, I may not agree with all the things you do. But at the end of the day all I can do is share my view but, what you says goes at the end of the day cuz your the boss.
If I become your partner you won't be my boss, I won't always agree or take your side.

Back story, I have horrible time management like even when I am trying to prepare and prevent being late. It never fails Murphy law always finds me.
Which my partner know and knew was before she ever game to me.

Fast forward, she starts to through shade at me when I'm not on time to work, yet I'm always there way late doing anything from paperwork to cleaning exc.
The few times she has stayed she was more a distraction then help when she's on her phone/YouTube.

Our conflict started with her wanting me there 9am even though we agreed and I explained I wasn't a morning person exc. So when I wasn't at work on time she started to act shady towards me unless she wanted me to do anything that benefited her.

We did the personal test she was the commander I'm more judge/consular strong people pleaser.

So needless to say we fought over my timeliness.
Starting in may 2019 we started having "board meetings"
Which she would bring her husband as well and he'd claim owner on recording which since their married is true but my partnership agreement is with her 50/50.
After about three monthly meetings the two of them bullied me into agreeing to change my schedule then continue to hound when I was not meeting their expectations.
I explained to both that I wouldn't come to anymore of these meetings if all your gonna do is talk about me.
I would talk business related issues her side was always me.
Meanwhile working with each other was not pleasant. She would act like I wasn't there, then when we had to interact with each other she would be hateful but in a snippy way.
One of our coworkers became in my option her lap dog. They would talk about me to their clients, not using my name but it was obvious who they were talking about.
I tried despite my feelings keep everything professional for our business.
Fastfoward I started a work juornal since my partner was claiming i never did anything and was a detriment to our business.
Fast forward
I was recently voted out of our business even though I believe that it meant nothing.
Since it was basically her word against mine, she bold face lied to me. Her husband of coarse took her side so she told me that I was to voluntarily resign and she would not make me pay back all this money she claims I owe for accidents with payroll where I over paid all employees, sopposidly never there, also claiming I was stealing money when I'd write checks to my parents when she and I both know they gave us that money for a loan. Which she replayed her in laws money they lent that i didnt know about till after the fact.
Fast forward they vote then claim i have to return my things and leave the premises immediately. I told her no gather my belongings on my person locked my desk and left as leaving they called the police claiming someone was stealing property exc. The next day I went in to make copies, she got all in my personal space claiming I need to leave I was removed, the cops came I explained that paper where she just had the meeting agenda with her her husband and the time keeper which is one of her personal friends signed the notes and that is her authority that I'm kicked out.
I didn't agree or sign with paper. The officer asks me to leave I explained I have just as much right to be here as she does. He explained that may be the case but to keep the peace it would be best to leave.
Which I did without resist even though up set and embarrassed. That night she took all the money out of the bank changed all our passwords, and then canceled my cell service and keeps my phone number I'd had since I was 13 years old. Which in part was my fault I joined her plan so it would be easier for the business to pay for our phone service. Since my dog chewed up my phone her husband was due for an upgrade so I got his old phone and now she suspended my service so when I went to phone provider and they called her for the pin so they could release my number she refused.
During this time I hacked our business email that she changed the password and she's was sending out this meeting sheet to all our contracts that I was on claiming I was removed so when they tried to call me they'd have to take her side since I'm not there and they couldn't get ahold of me due to no service. Later after get service with another number she messages me on her daughters account telling me that shed release my number if I'd release myself to all our accounts. Basicly black mail to give me back my own number. I didn't reply. Mind u in our partnership agreement it states to hire fire exc vote would be unanimous and the fact that the only roll her husband has in our partnership agreement is that he is a voluntary financial advisor and that he wouldn't be compensated unless agreed by partners. Yet the two of them voted my out. With the time keeper as witness.
So now I'm with out a job, reputation I'm sure reputation ruined by whatever she's telling customers when asking about me. Embarrassed I had to leave the business I back boned as far as the licensing and paperwork side. Traumatized because for the past four years I've lived in missouri I thought she was my best friend and stabbed me in the back and straight lied to my face.
So my question is I think I should get a lawyer my parents think I should just declare bankruptcy and move on. I'm not perfect and petty. But I didn't deserve this right before Christmas.
So the pettiness in me wants to sue the pants of the heifer. Otherside it would be expensive and other than money and proving a point. Would it be worth it? it's not like I would still work there we couldn't work together after all this I would trust her to save her life. I have proof and recordings I believe I could sue the pants off her and win, but don't have the funds to get a good consultation with a buisness lawyer they start at like 200.00 dollars an hour.
So if anyone in the Springfield, MO. area is a lawyer that is feeling charitable during the Christmas season or knows of anyone or anything that would be helpful please contact me (email edited out by moderator).
Thank you for your time

You have written what amounts to a novel in this situation. Please pare your post WAY down and post only the relevant facts along with your question.

Also, please remove your personal info (email address) from this public posting.

if anyone in the Springfield, MO. area is a lawyer that is feeling charitable during the Christmas season or knows of anyone or anything that would be helpful please contact me (email edited out by moderator).
Thank you for your time

You'll have to discover other ways to find an attorney.

Reputable lawyers don't troll the internet or discussion sites seeking to be retained by clients, sorry.

It might be time to consider dissolving the partnership and becoming a sole proprietor AGAIN.

Your partner and her spouse are bullies.

They'll NEVER stop bullying, berating, and harassing you.

Until you dissolve the arrangement LEGALLY, simply tell her you're 50/50 partners and she has no valid authority to manage or direct your activities.

Merry Christmas.

You'll have to discover other ways to find an attorney.

Reputable lawyers don't troll the internet or discussion sites seeking to be retained by clients, sorry.

It might be time to consider dissolving the partnership and becoming a sole proprietor AGAIN.

Your partner and her spouse are bullies.

They'll NEVER stop bullying, berating, and harassing you.

Until you dissolve the arrangement LEGALLY, simply tell her you're 50/50 partners and she has no valid authority to manage or direct your activities.

Merry Christmas.
Thank you

I'm just wanting to go back to work. As of nowI can't go to work, because everytime I do my partner calls the police after demanding that I leave every thirty seconds until they arrive. The officers don't directly say I'm being kicked out of my own salon. But, to reduce conflict. It would be best if I left since it's a civil matter i should just get a lawyer that I can't afford.

Back