Secret Shopper Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbmcknight

After being unemployed for two years, I fell for the secret shopper scam. I received USPS money orders and the bank assured me they were as good as cash so I followed the instructions. I now find out that they are most likely counterfeit and will be coming back in the amount of $4,990. I do not have the money to pay this and I have no assets for them to take. What will happen to me. I am a 62 year old female who feels pretty stupid right now but desperate people do desperate things.

When the money orders are returned to you, take them to the nearest post office. Ask to speak to a US Postal inspector. In fact, you could call one in the interim. Explain your situation. The US Postal Inspection Service will investigate the matter. They are federal agents. They'll try to find these culprits and hopefully put then in prison.

They might even be able to assist you with settling your debt. Who knows, they could even get some of the dent waived. If you can't find one, contact the FBI or the US Secret Service. They'll steer you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back