Second ticket in the last year in NC?? What to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajputney

I just got a ticket for doing 44 in a 35 today. I had the same offense last June or July so it hasnt been a year yet. For that ticket I went to driving school and it was dismissed. Is driving school an option for the ticket i got today? Should I plead Prayer for Judgement? Help Please!!

I just got a ticket for doing 44 in a 35 today. I had the same offense last June or July so it hasnt been a year yet. For that ticket I went to driving school and it was dismissed. Is driving school an option for the ticket i got today? Should I plead Prayer for Judgement? Help Please!!

Did you request a Prayer For Judgment in the prior year? A PJC will only be granted when there has been no other PJC entered for the prior three (3) years. I'm aware that an application for a Prayer For Judgment must also be granted by the court and there is some discretion.

No i did not use PJC for the last ticket. My main concern is my insurance going up...I would like to avoid this in any way possible.

Also someone told me that you don't get points on your insurance for less than 9 mph over the speed limit. Is that true

What county?

For 10 or less, points are not assigned unless the same driver has been convicted of at least one other moving violation during the experience period (the last three years).

in guilford county...but the problem is i had a ticket for the same things about 10 months ago, but it ended up being dismissed.

oh by the way, thank you guys for the help...my parents are still freaking out about the insurance going up though. we'll see how things turn out.

Only convictions count for insurance purposes.

You or a lawyer may be able to plead it to a non-moving violation. If the officer truly cut you a break (gave you a ticket for 9 over when you were going faster) Iit may not be wise to fight this one. The officer can revise the ticket.

You really want to be extra careful now, the next one could get real expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back