Second my spouse was suppose to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdb6134

In 2000 my spouse and I took a second on our house . In 2004 we divorced and I was given the house and my ex was to pay the second .. In 2008 my ex died.. Currently I am tring to refinace the house and have learned the second was never paid .. In 13 years I have never heard from anyone regarding the second so I had assumed it had been paid .. Do I have any course of action

In 2000 my spouse and I took a second on our house . In 2004 we divorced and I was given the house and my ex was to pay the second .. In 2008 my ex died.. Currently I am tring to refinace the house and have learned the second was never paid .. In 13 years I have never heard from anyone regarding the second so I had assumed it had been paid .. Do I have any course of action

You might want to see if there is a lien on your home. Although she might have died, she could have had death insurance on the note that paid the balance owed. Someone might have settled the debt in her behalf after she passed as her estate was being settled.

You need to ask these and other questions. You might even discover the debt has just been written off after she died.

There was insurance on the second but because he never paid anything on the second they say it is invalad.. The debt has never been settled

There was insurance on the second but because he never paid anything on the second they say it is invalad.. The debt has never been settled

There's your answer. That's a secured debt, so it won't just age away. Your deed is clouded with that note.

The good news is, you don't owe the debt.

The bad news is, you can't collect from a dead person.

You might wish to speak with a local attorney to discuss your options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back