Personal Bankruptcy Second Mortgage/Bankruptcy/Merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatercake49

My question concerns a second mortgage that I had with Conseco Finance. For at least five or more years, Conseco was the mortgage holder on this second mortgage. All of the sudden I started receiving my monthly statements with the name GreenTree on it and no longer received statements from Conseco. I made a phone call to GreenTree Services and they indicated to me that they aquired my mortgage. I was never notified of the change from Conseco. About 2 1/2 years ago I filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. My attorney at the time of the filing indicated to me that neither the first mortgage holder or the second mortgage holder was allowed to be included in this bankruptcy filing because this was a secured debt. Upon my discharge of the bankruptcy, I was told to pull my credit report one year from that discharge date and upon doing so found that both mortgages had been included in the bankruptcy filing and discharge. The first mortgage as listed on the credit report carried a balance, but the second mortgage with GreenTree shows all zeros for the balance of the account and payments. I no longer receive monthly billing statements from GreenTree and am quite puzzled over the 2 1/2 year period, why I no longer receive anything from them. A refinance broker also indicated upon seeing this on my credit report that he believes that this may be a write-off on the part of GreenTree due to the first mortgage holder being owed X amount of dollars. He felt that it may have not been in the best interest to GreenTree to wait until the first mortgage was paid off to take any type of legal actions or for short, it may have something to do with limitations. But another puzzling factor dealing with Conseco and GreenTree in the assumption of the mortgage was recently when we checked the deed at the county courthouse and found that Conseco is still listed on the deed with GreenTree's name no where to be found. The realitor who found this information out indicated that GreenTree had a responsibility within a certain amount of days upon acquiring the mortgage to change Conseco's name off of the deed and their name on the deed. Is this true and if so, what violation is this known as and what do I do about it? Also if this was a write-off on GreenTree's part, how do I get Conseco's name off of my deed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back