Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Second mip in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

bperez12

I received a mip on July 5th and another one on August 19th both in GA. In the most recent one I was charged with false id and obstruction of justice also. I have already been to court for my first one and I am going through an alcohol awareness class for 20 hours, community service for 20 hours, and paying some fines. The judge said that it would be thrown off my record if I completed those three things and didn't get in anymore trouble with the law before December. Now I have to go to court in 8 days for the second one. The story behind the second one is as follows. I was walking down the road on university property and a university cop got out of his car, told me that I was under arrest, and grabbed my by the shirt and ripped my collar in the process. I started to get away but not before I was pepper sprayed and tackled to the ground. Did he use excessive force in ripping my shirt? Should I plead guilty and hope that both go under as my first offense or should I plead not guilty and try and fight it? Will the other court which is a city court find out about this is their a possibilty that both can be dropped with time? Someone please let me know what the best thing to do would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back