Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Second minor in consumption charge in a 2 1/2 month period

XavierJ

Jurisdiction
Kansas
Hi. On June 11th I picked up my first MIC and at court was givin a fine of $240.00 and a 30 day liscence suspension with a "No Contest" plea. On August 15th I got another MIC and will go to court on the 30th of September. My question is what should I expect on the 30th and what should I plea? I am at realization that I can't get another charge and that a third one of the same charge is a felonie offense. I was 18 on my first offense and am now 19. I am not a bad person just drank like most people my age do on occasion and was in the wrong place at the wrong time

Plead not guilty, request a public defender, or hire your own lawyer, go to trial, or see if your lawyer can make a deal.

You need to get help. Your problem is related to you breaking the law by consuming alcohol when you aren't legally able to do so. If you don't get help, you're headed for personal ruin because you're likely an alcoholic.

Not everyone can drink alcohol. Many people who drink alcohol can be consumed through addiction and destroyed. Contact your local AA and join. Seek the help of a psychologist to better understand your demons, consult your physician, discuss it with trusted friends and family.

A nolo plea is just another name for a guilty plea. It means nothing in a criminal court proceeding. Get yourself into treatment, because you can beat those demons if you do the hard work.

These are AA meeting sites in your state:

Google

More on AA

https://www.k-state.edu/counseling/student/aodes_news/sp09vol48.pdf

I wish you well.

Last edited:
Plead not guilty, request a public defender, or hire your own lawyer, go to trial, or see if your lawyer can make a deal.

You need to get help. Your problem is related to you breaking the law by consuming alcohol when you aren't legally able to do so. If you don't get help, you're headed for personal ruin because you're likely an alcoholic.

Not everyone can drink alcohol. Many people who drink alcohol can be consumed through addiction and destroyed. Contact your local AA and join. Seek the help of a psychologist to better understand your demons, consult your physician, discuss it with trusted friends and family.

A nolo plea is just another name for a guilty plea. It means nothing in a criminal court proceeding. Get yourself into treatment, because you can beat those demons if you do the hard work.

These are AA meeting sites in your state:

Google

More on AA

https://www.k-state.edu/counseling/student/aodes_news/sp09vol48.pdf

I wish you well.
It's not that I'm an alcoholic, I rarely drink, it just turns out that the times I do I get caught. Would pleading not guilty honestly be the best route. I was breathalyzed and blew a .058 the town that I live in is a small community, mile by a mile and I was assigned to municipal court here and not district court at the county court house

I would plead not guilty. If you can afford a lawyer, discuss your options with him/her. If you can't afford one, request a public defender.

Back