seat belt violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrichter

I received a ticket while driving without a seat belt…. The most ironic thing is that I HATE driving without a seat belt, I'm the guy who always reminds everyone to wear a seat belt. But in this particular occasion, I had just picked up my girlfriend, from her apartment and 10 seconds into the drive a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket… Now my license is very clean, I have not received any tickets at all and it bothers me that now I have something to worry about… Now the ticket does not have a price on it, on the back of the ticket; which is yellow, there is a box which states that Seat Belt is $40 plus $50 surcharge. The officer said that the reason its $90 is because he did not put any points on my license. Now this is kind of hard to believe, because the first seat belt violation does not give you any points…and how can the officer control the points…? A Friend of mine recommended that I should fight the ticket and try to get it lowered… the price is not the issue as much as it having an affect to my insurance company..

So will I get any points on my license,?
Can I fight and win this case?
If I fight and lose, will I have to pay extra?
If I just pay for it, will my insurance increase?

Oh yeah, I'm 23 years old and was the driver during this occasion, in Brooklyn NY.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back