Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant search warrant for a residence

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestposter

My residence was entered with search warrant. However the warrant was for "the residence of (my address)" and for "the person of (my boyfriend)". However, in the probable cause papers, the detective who wrote those papers said, "I read (my boyfriend) his rights and showed him that i had a warrant for his person and for his residence". Well, his residence is most certainly NOT my residence. Actually he has been on a year long lease agreement since 7 months prior to the search. He doesnt recieve any mail or bills to my house and isnt on the lease. He gets all his mail at his house and power bills and other bills. Was this warrant unlawful or have any technicalities?

I haven't seen the warrant so I can't comment. You can certainly make the argument you're making but it's also possible that they may argue that he has a dual residence if he spends a considerable amount of time at your home. Furthermore, the language might simply be describing where he was at the time he was witnessed committing a certain crime and where he stayed, e.g. three times he was witnessed buying marijuana and went over to the listed address and stayed overnight. Without seeing the actual search warrant it's all speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back