Search Engine Optimization Telemarketers Calling 3X per week

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisionTilt

Hey all,

So I have a website where I sell stuff. I don't mind getting cold calls from time to time, but this paticular company calls me literally 3x a week.

I'm on another forum of store owners where everyone talks about them and has the same experience, and to cap it all off, on many occasions they are extremely rude with people when you dont want their product.

I though I'd ask for some legal guidance on this forum for everyone on my other forum, and myself personally.

at any rate, every time they call, I tell them to take me off their calling list and that I have repeatedly told them this.

Is there anything I can do legally?

I'm in Texas.

Thanks

Originally posted by VisionTilt
Hey all,

So I have a website where I sell stuff. I don't mind getting cold calls from time to time, but this paticular company calls me literally 3x a week.

I'm on another forum of store owners where everyone talks about them and has the same experience, and to cap it all off, on many occasions they are extremely rude with people when you dont want their product.

I though I'd ask for some legal guidance on this forum for everyone on my other forum, and myself personally.

at any rate, every time they call, I tell them to take me off their calling list and that I have repeatedly told them this.

Is there anything I can do legally?

I'm in Texas.

Thanks

See this site: http://www.texasnocall.com/

National Do Not Call Registry Opens: Consumers in Texas can now register for the National Do Not Call List by visiting www.donotcall.gov or by calling, toll-free, 1-888-382-1222 (TTY 1-866-290-4236). Due to privacy issues for our Texas registrants, phone numbers registered on the Texas No Call Lists will not be forwarded to the National Do Not Call List.

The Public Utility Commission of Texas encourages registration on both lists to help limit telemarketing calls to your registered numbers. There is no charge to register your home and mobile phone numbers on the National Do Not Call List.

INTRODUCTION

Beginning on January 1, 2002, you can add your name, address and telephone number to state-sponsored "No Call Lists," which will help limit telemarketing calls to your home or business. You can choose to register a residential telephone number for one or both of two "No Call Lists" sponsored by the Public Utility Commission (PUC.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back