school suspension and selective punishments

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmethor

help:eek: on 11-21-08 my son patrick a student at leaders of learning was caught smoking on the highshool campus where he is no longer a student at.
afterwards they conducted a serch and found pot in his coat he says he didnt know was there for this they suspended him tell me that he has to take a drug eval. drug test and other bullshit to get back in school
this is unexceptable i his single parent [father] with no child support or insurance or coperration from support enfocement or the state of wa. currently drawing unempolyment the school exspects me to pay thase exspenses in order for him to return to shcool my objection to this is i know for a fact of several students that have been caught with drugsguns and other contraban on campus and the shcool let it slide and and thats selctive punishment favoratisum unfair and unecceptable i have personaly spoke to 2 of thease students and they are willing to testify to thease facts
i have mailed my rights to a reveiw to the dist. mngr. stating my reasons breifly ........what can i do >? help!

help:eek: on 11-21-08 my son patrick a student at leaders of learning was caught smoking on the highshool campus where he is no longer a student at.
Depending on the laws in your state, I suspect he was guilty of at least two crimes.

afterwards they conducted a serch and found pot in his coat he says he didnt know was there
Sure he didn't. My favorite line is, "These aren't my pants," but denial is quite common. Please understand, they won't believe him.

for this they suspended him tell me that he has to take a drug eval. drug test and other bullshit to get back in school
Very common procedures - and sensible.

this is unexceptable i his single parent [father] with no child support or insurance or coperration from support enfocement or the state of wa. currently drawing unempolyment the school exspects me to pay thase exspenses in order for him to return to shcool
What is unacceptable is that your son was trespassing, smoking, and holding dope on a school campus. If ALL he suffered is a suspension, then consider yourself blessed that they did not notify the police, or you might have much bigger problems - including lawyer's fees, court fees, and juvenile hall fees.

my objection to this is i know for a fact of several students that have been caught with drugsguns and other contraban on campus and the shcool let it slide and and thats selctive punishment favoratisum unfair and unecceptable
That's not a defense to your son's predicament, and there may be mitigating factors you are unaware of ... perhaps the other parent(s) were very cooperative in addressing the problem at home or the kids had not otherwise been a problem. In any event, this sort of inequity - if it exists at all - is not a defense to his actions.

There should be a hearing for the suspension. Attend that meeting and express your concerns. Also, articulate what you intend to do about your son's apparent substance abuse problems (at least cigarettes and whatever kind of dope he was holding). They will want to hear from you how you plan to address these issues. If you refuse to acknowledge your son's culpability in a situation which HE created, then expect little support from the school.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back