School Loan, Did School commit Fraud? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

herondrive

Hello to start I signed up for a computer school in Ga, I paid over 15,000.00 got the loan through the school from SLM. I went to 2 of the 10 classes, The school would change class times and their would be new teachers etc... Of course did not keep proof of this. But anyway I did not complete all of the classes in the price it included 10 class, 10 test, and books. I took 2 classes got books for 2 class and that is it . about 1.5 years in I decided I was not learning anything from this school, ask for a refund of the classes and test I had not taken they told me I waited to late and the time had passes to get a refund. SO being young and dumb I did noting. 4 years later I have paid over 10,000.00 to SLM and still owe the same amount, Last Nov. 2007 I sent a letter to SLM told them I was not going to be paying anymore payment because of the details above, they put my loan in to admissive forbearance 5 months later I called because I have not heard anything and SLM called me back the next day And told me the school was sending them a 2600.00 refund for my test I did not take!!! Great Right they also sent over 7 Certificate of Completion stating that I had complete the classes signed by the director. I did not complete any of these classes. But since they sent over the certs. SLM told me they were going to restore my loan. Did the school commit fraud by send over certs. for classes I did not complete nor signed up for??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back