Student Loans School didn't refund me all of my funds

• Thread Starter Kashira.t.edwards
  • Start date
K

Kashira.t.edwards

Jurisdiction
Florida
My school tuition is 23,120. Last year I received 29k for tuition but I hadn't known I had to accept the awards until this summer. Once I accepted the awards, my school only refunded me $2,000 however they're sending me emails about my balance of $1800 which cannot effect my fall and spring tuition because the balance is from summer courses. 29k-23,120 is more than $2k, is there anything I can do or can they get away with this?

My school tuition is 23,120. Last year I received 29k for tuition but I hadn't known I had to accept the awards until this summer. Once I accepted the awards, my school only refunded me $2,000 however they're sending me emails about my balance of $1800 which cannot effect my fall and spring tuition because the balance is from summer courses. 29k-23,120 is more than $2k, is there anything I can do or can they get away with this?

You need to visit in person the bursar's office, student accounts, financial aid, or maybe all three offices.

If you to start the process today, call them, one by one.

Ask for an explanation of the delta you believe is at play with your funds.

You can then follow up when you arrive on campus for fall semester.

You need to visit in person the bursar's office, student accounts, financial aid, or maybe all three offices.

If you to start the process today, call them, one by one.

Ask for an explanation of the delta you believe is at play with your funds.

You can then follow up when you arrive on campus for fall semester.

This semester I'm doing school from at online with their online program to save money that they already owe me. I live two hours away and spoken with the lady in the bursary whose been handling my fees.
Once she said "oh yes didn't I tell you we were processing your other disbursement" and since then I haven't heard from her and I've been emailing her & the head of the bursary/financial aid office and haven't heard anything

This semester I'm doing school from at online with their online program to save money that they already owe me. I live two hours away and spoken with the lady in the bursary whose been handling my fees.
Once she said "oh yes didn't I tell you we were processing your other disbursement" and since then I haven't heard from her and I've been emailing her & the head of the bursary/financial aid office and haven't heard anything

THings slow down during the summer, but things are picking up as the fall semester begins.

Keep trying

I went down to the school and there were too many people to get anything resolved .I've continued sending emails, leaving messages and I'm getting worried because they've been threatening to drop my schedule due to a balance of $1800 from the summer but if they refund me I will be able to pay it back

Back