School Assistant Principal/suspension

lmustbe

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hello to all

I need some advice, we moved from NY to PA for a better life for my kids.
I enroll my 7th grade son in school and started to realize the racist favoritism in this school. We are black and white and my children are darker then me in color. Everything seemed OK at first until my son got accused of receiving a pic of another girl on his phone which happened to be his girl friend at the time.. The girl sent this pic also to another boy and the boy went and showed everyone. My son and the boy gets suspended and the girl off course gets no punishment and she is the one who sent the pics they took my son in a room and threatened to call the police if he did not tell them the truth they also made him write it down..where I feel the racism plays apart is by the level of punishment to these black kids verses what happens to the white kids when they do something wrong. I need advice this system is not right

Last edited:
Hello to all

I need some advice, we moved from NY to PA for a better life for my kids.
I enroll my 7th grade son in school and started to realize the racist favoritism in this school. We are black and white and my children are darker then me in color. Everything seemed OK at first until my son got accused of receiving a pic of another girl on his phone which happened to be his girl friend at the time.. The girl sent this pic also to another boy and the boy went and showed everyone. My son and the boy gets suspended and the girl off course gets no punishment and she is the one who sent the pics they took my son in a room and threatened to call the police if he did not tell them the truth they also made him write it down..where I feel the racism plays apart is by the level of punishment to these black kids verses what happens to the white kids when they do something wrong. I need advice this system is not right

What you observe can be seen in the prison population statistics all across this country.
Yes, slavery was abolished, only to be replaced by Jim Crow.
Jim Crow bowed to racism.
Racism rules the roost to this day, despite protestations to the contrary.
People of color have been trying to change things for centuries.
Sadly, racism isn't dead, despite the protestations to the contrary by the person sitting in the WHITE HOUSE.

I suggest you and the father start discussing racism with your children.
It's a conversation many mixed race families have daily.
It a conversation those of color continue until they die.
As much as what your chid experienced hurts you, don't expect it to change.
You can insulate him by discussing it with him.
A victim of racism is as innocent as a rape victim.
I might add that both crimes haven't been extinguished.

Dr. King, Carter Woodson, Ralph Bunche, Muhammad Ali, and many other people of color have written how to combat racism.
No one knows how to defeat it.
I suggest you simply tell your kid to succeed.
Nothing shuts up a critic like your success.
You might also tell him NOT to accept pictures via his cell phone.
In some cases, some pictures can cause him great legal distress.

Good luck.

Thank you Army Judge...this makes sense..

I'm happy it helped you.
I have grandchildren some called mixed race children.
I tell them whenever they ask, you're not a color; you're a person.
I tell them they're Americans, but they're more than that to me.
I tell them they're my grand kids and I love them more than I can ever say.

I've found love to be the greatest gift you can give to anyone.
Love is the armor we wear everyday.
Love protects us.
Love makes us feel wanted, appreciated, and protected.
Love those children.
One day they'll thank you for it.

Back