scarred homeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacey

I am a single mother with 3 children. I was engaged until 2 months ago. We started dating july 2009..then in October of 09 we found a great house for a good price. We went through the process together but when it came to paperwork and credit..he put only his name on the house. I worried then that I would have no rights to the house..but he assured me that it was "our" home & that it always would be. long story short..he broke our engagement 2-3 months ago & has told me that me & my children need to move out. I have no job currently and have no money & now have no home. Do I have any rights in this matter. I am not wanting to get ugly but I am just scarred that I will end up on the streets with nothing.

You do not have to move out unless a judge orders you out. Before a judge orders you out you will have opportunity to raise this concern in court.
The sooner you find a local attorney to assist you with this the better, but know that you don't have to leave just because he said to.

I agree with mightymoose. If you stay, he will need to evict you. You don't have a lease, have a questionable claim on living in the home (I'm not sure what payments you may have made) and I doubt any judge will want to toss a woman with children out of a home she helped procure. While the boyfriend can say what he wants, such is almost always the reality in Landlord Tenant court, from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back