Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollysgf

I'm being investigated by our local police department for fraud. I altered my income tax return form to show a higher income, I provided photo copies for 05 & 06 tax yrs. went to 2 local banks and an mortgage financing company. I wanted to borrow against my equity in the home I own. I rent this house and receive enough money to cover the loan payment. one of the banks called the police to investigate fraud. I never followed through with the loan because the bank wanted original copies and not photo copies of my tax return.
I was only trying to borrow against my equity and not my income. When the police contacted me they wanted to meet with me and go over the forms. They said they had 02, 04 05 and 06 copoies and it looked like one had white out on it. I said I might have given the wrong forms because of reassessments over the yrs. in 02 I got a mortgage and in 04 a 2nd mortgagae the same way I tried with 05, 06 forms. What can I expect if they find out I actually did this in 02, 04. Ive never missed any payments. I wondered if they accepted photo copies and not true copies if they accepted the forms the way they were. What kind of fraud would this be and what can I expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back