Scared to death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beechkid

Please help me. I am a Fire Captain in a smaller California public fire department. A couple of years ago, I was the subject of 11 personnel investigations in 12 months, pulled from my fire engine and placed on light duty until my employer gained full access to my medical records (they put that in writing), using a microwave device attempted to tp into phone conversations at my residence, the city attorney's office has stated in writing that I do not have a right to view my personnel file nor to have any right to have the knowledge of any personnel investigations which may be occurring. I applied for a Division Fire Chief's job at another fire department, advised the entire fire department staff of the entire situation in detail, they made job offer contingent of the background and medical. a week after the background was recieved by them/2 days before the medical the job offer was withdrawn because it was felt by the city that "I was not a good fit with them". Several days before this action, my wife spoke with the fire Chief who was very positive and reiterated my start date. I have a workers comp claim filed for hypertension (which is about wrapped up) and filed a second suit for violation of california medical leave rights, medical info access, etc. With regard to the W/C, there have been several delays caused by the city who even at one spot placed in writting a request for delay, which was granted, with cause stating (in writing) that the fire chief (involved with my crap) brother died. Unfortunitely he died 2 months later. It is now stated by the fire chief in a deposition that I am now a violent person and he and others have feared for their life, despite that fact that they have no witnesses, no police involvement, etc. I was originally hired as their first training officer several years ago, but after 3 years, illegal actions of my bosses became the "Norm", ranging from willfull violation of OSHA regs, lying in writting to OSHA regarding violations reported by union officials (I had absolutely no involvement but was formally investigated for being the reporting party despite that fact that others came forward and verified I had no involvement) to defrauding private colleges of $ owed for training our employees through another illegal sceme. My attorney's are very lethargic, and have taken the position of "Wait for them to take action, then we'll responed". The only thing this is doing is pushing us into a lawsuit which will takes years, and probably the loss of my job (I'm 42 years old now). I cannot find a sungle attorney who is willing to very forwardly take on the City attorney and have had to act as my own lawyer in all documents filed with the courts as of this date. My wife who is a paralegal has also tried,but to no avail. The attorney's in the larger cities (3 hours away) say it's not worth their time but even one put it in writing that I have a mal practice claim aginst my initial labor attorney. Please help me save my family, job and career.

I'm not sure why your attorney seems to be biding his time and there usually is a good reason, perhaps not having to do with you but with the strength of your case. Sometimes I find that the press is the best place to take cases like this where you are reluctant to take the legal route.

What is also a good idea is to go over the head of the city attorney and go to your state attorney general. Always write *certified* letters. They will prompt responses much more quickly than non-certified. Also keep good records...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back