Sanctimonious survey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccline

My question is: Can the seller of a subdivided piece of property in which the seller, who adjoins the sub-divided piece of property. come back 10 years after the sale and claim several feet of the sub-divided property as theirs? The adjoining property owner who sub-divided, surveyed, and posted the property 10 years ago is now adding an addition to their building and need parking areas. They had a different surveyor come in recently and place wooden stake boundaries several feet behind my iron post giving themselves several more feet of my property as their own. Their explanation is that the first surveyor made a mistake. P.S. the seller in this case is a church! The property is in Virginia.

The location of the fence is not very significant. Your deed will specifically describe the boundaries of the property you bought. You can try and measure it out yourself or hire your own surveyor. If you remain convinced that part of your property is being taken and you can't work it out with the church then you will have to settle the dispute in court.
If the original survey was in fact wrong then there isn't much you can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back