Salon's & "stealing Clients"-new jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyndi

Hi. I hope someone can help. I have a Full Service Salon in NJ. I recently lost an employee/friend. She supposedly left on good term-or so I thought. She said she needed benefits. When I asked her if she took customer names and phone numbers/addresses or was telling people that she was leaving she said no. I wound up asking her to leave a week earlier than she had planned because I heard from customers that she was contacting them & giving them business cards to her new location. On her last day, she called all of the customers & told them that she was leaving earlier than expected & asked them to follow her. I figured I would let this go because sometimes it is "the business". This week I found out that she was sending post cards out to all of the salon customers-even ones that didn't even go to her, and putting on the post card that she was no longer with "abc salon" and is now with "def salon". She obviously stole names, numbers, address'. What if customers didn't want her to contact them? Is she legally able to use my salon in post cards? Is this concidered "stealing"? What can I do about this????? Thanks for your help.

I found this post in a search so I'll answer it albeit rather late!!! Of course this employee is liable for stealing your property - the names and addresses of your customers. It is certainly actionable. It might be different if the employee left the salon, looked up the customers in the phone book and then called them. I'd certainly come after her like gangbusters. I hope you did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back