Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Sale of alcohol to minors and Open Container

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmike8820

Let me start by saying i'm 18. Three nights ago me and a couple of my friends who were all 19 except for me went to Canada and we drinking on Cliffton Hill. We had parked the car in the state park on the United States side and walked accross the border. After a couple hours in Canada we came back to the car and opened a few beers we had in a cooler in the trunk and sat in car drinking (stupid I know). The driver had stopped drinking around 11:30pm and we got back to the car around 3:00am so he was in very good condition to drive. However, the State park police came and caught me and 3 others in the back seat drinking. I had my cousin's ID stil in my wallet that i used in Canada because his ID made me 22. The cop came to my window with a flashlight asking for everyones ID. My real ID was hidden behind my credit cards in my wallet while my cousin's ID was in the clear-platic lisence holder in your wallet. The cop would most likely have noticed me searching through my wallet for my real ID seeing that he was right next to me so i handed him my fake ID. Well, now because I used my cousin's ID, my cousin got two tickets. (1) open container of alcohol (2) prohitbited sales of alcohol to minors. My question is what do i do? Should I go to court and say that I gave the ID by mistake? or that i gave the ID because i didnt have my real one on me? OR should my cousin go to court? and what are the consequences for each of my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back