Breaking a Lease Safety reasons

Wahwah28

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Im recently moved oct 1st but trying to break my lease due to finding out my roomate had1statutory rape charges i have children one aged 14 i feel unsafe living with him with my children can i break my lease and should i contact a lawyer no way am i staying with someone with charges like that

Last edited:
Im recently moved oct 1st but trying to break my lease due to finding out my roomate had1statutory rape charges i have children one aged 14 i feel unsafe living with him with my children can i break my lease and should i contact a lawyer no way am i staying with someone with charges like that

You should have been more diligent into investigating the person before you signe dth elease.

Only your LL can tell you if he or she will allow you to break the lease.

Leases can be broken if you pay a fee.
Your lease should describe the fee and how to go about legally breaking the lease.
Talk to your LL, see if the LL will work with you.
You LL may even decide to evict the convicted pervert.

As far as a lawsuit, it won't get you what you wish.
Why?
Because YOU chose to do the deal without doing due diligence.

But, a chat with the LL might be productive, and very sympathetic to your plight.

You should have been more diligent into investigating the person before you signe dth elease.

Only your LL can tell you if he or she will allow you to break the lease.

Leases can be broken if you pay a fee.
Your lease should describe the fee and how to go about legally breaking the lease.
Talk to your LL, see if the LL will work with you.
You LL may even decide to evict the convicted pervert.

As far as a lawsuit, it won't get you what you wish.
Why?
Because YOU chose to do the deal without doing due diligence.

But, a chat with the LL might be productive, and very sympathetic to your plight.

Yes i agree but i wouldnt never think anything like this about him but i except the fact that thats what i should have done landlord asking for rent for the year which i think thats a bit greedy due to our safety but im not asking for anything the roomate wont leave they wont take him off lease so i honestly dont think my children and i should suffer

Yes i agree but i wouldnt never think anything like this about him but i except the fact that thats what i should have done landlord asking for rent for the year which i think thats a bit greedy due to our safety but im not asking for anything the roomate wont leave they wont take him off lease so i honestly dont think my children and i should suffer

I suggest you discuss this with your landlord, or a lawyer.
Nothing can be done here, only in your local courthouse.

If safety is that important, leave the premises, your lease is paid up, and go to court and sue to get some of it back.

That seems to be all you can do.

Back