Corporate Law s corp partners stealing deceased partners distributions

Status
Not open for further replies.

meg123

My husband was a 33% shareholder in a s corp. The 2 other partners have equal shares. They created a LLC by purchasing shares in a gas company and sold partial shares to investors. The s corp owns 10% of the LLC. No restrictions, a straight 10%. My husband passed away and I am a single mom w/ 4 children. I just recently found out that distributions have been going out quarterly. One distribution was 3.3 million. When I found this out I called up the accountant who said the other 2 partners gave the s corp distributions back to the other members of the LLC. I received no notice. I havent been informed on anything! They said they felt they should give distributions back as the gas company wasnt doing that well.(which the gas manager denies) I should have received over $100,000 in distributions! I need this money for the children and I. I cant afford costly litigation to fight these sharks. What do I do or who can I contact to report their "theft". I know these partners took these distributions for themselves or diverted them into another company. I need help!MeghanSoloff@yahoo.com

Meghan, you need a LAWYER. With that amount of money floating around you can get one very easily. What your "partners" are doing is a crime and they better fess up and shape up quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back