Russell

givie

I am a member of the HOA committee in our subdivision. The subdivision is composed of single family dwellings located on 3-5 acre parcels and is zoned agriculture. Our CC and R's were established in 1976. A property owner has setup a mobile home along side his home which is in direct conflict of our CC and R's that states, second homes and mobile homes are not allowed in our subdivision. I spoke to the county records office and they said a permit was authorized because the property is zoned agriculture. Also the owner stated that our CC and R's are not longer valid since the Granny Flat Law was approved.
1) Is the mobile home permit authorized by the county valid in our subdivision which would override our CC and R's restriction?
2) Does the Granny Flat law override our CC and R's that prohibits a second dwelling on a lot?

You might want to check with the zoning authorities or speak with a lawyer.

I am a member of the HOA committee in our subdivision. The subdivision is composed of single family dwellings located on 3-5 acre parcels and is zoned agriculture. Our CC and R's were established in 1976. A property owner has setup a mobile home along side his home which is in direct conflict of our CC and R's that states, second homes and mobile homes are not allowed in our subdivision. I spoke to the county records office and they said a permit was authorized because the property is zoned agriculture. Also the owner stated that our CC and R's are not longer valid since the Granny Flat Law was approved.
1) Is the mobile home permit authorized by the county valid in our subdivision which would override our CC and R's restriction?
2) Does the Granny Flat law override our CC and R's that prohibits a second dwelling on a lot?

You've received the county government's answer. You can consult your HOA attorney, more county government officials, or leave it be.

Back