Running red light

Angela Leon

Jurisdiction
Texas
I got pulled over the officer said i failed to stop at the stop sign which is pysically impossible, i argued with him, he told me that's what he was charging me with. Later i looked at the ticket, it's issued for running the red light which i did not do..
I paid for defensive driving course, had till January 21,2016 to take it.. I was unable to take the test, I'm assuming i have a warrant? What can i do??

I got pulled over the officer said i failed to stop at the stop sign which is pysically impossible, i argued with him, he told me that's what he was charging me with. Later i looked at the ticket, it's issued for running the red light which i did not do..
I paid for defensive driving course, had till January 21,2016 to take it.. I was unable to take the test, I'm assuming i have a warrant? What can i do??

Some judges will extend the deadline even AFTER you fail to do as you agreed, if you offer a plausible explanation.

Some that can work: hospitalization, illness, death of a close family member, mental health challenges, health issues, health issues of a close family member, work sent you out of town, military obligations, are a few examples.

In some courts, I simply forgot, can I get an extension?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

You can even request DEFERRED ADJUDICATION in some courts. It costs more, but does the same thing eliminates the charge. You get 60-90 days unsupervised probation and must NOT receive a traffic citation during the probationary period. If you succeed the charge gets dismissed.

Ask. Again, it can only help if granted.

Back