Roommate's boyfriend threatening

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdAstra785

Three of us live together in a house in which all three of us have signed the lease and all three pay rent. Roommate 1 and I feel threatened by the boyfriend of Roommate 2.

After a loud verbal dispute between Roommate 1 and this boyfriend of Roommate 2, it was agreed that said boyfriend would not be allowed in the house to avoid more fighting and uncomfortable situations.

That lasted for a couple of weeks and now Roommate 2 is inviting this boyfriend back over. Roommate 1 and I both confronted Roommate 2 and her boyfriend about this today. Roommate 1 blew up and left the room. I tried to stay calm and made sure I didn't say anything that could get me in any trouble were anything to happen legally. I don't think I have any legal way to get him out of the house since he is being invited, which he was all too quick to point out.

However, he throws insults at Roommate 1 and I, is very combative and tries to be very threatening physically.

Roommate 1 and I want him out. Roommate 2 is inviting him in.

Would a restraining order be a plausible path to keeping him out?

Complain to the owner and see what they say about trying to remedy the situation. If nothing positive, call the cops if you ever feel even threatened or verbally or physical abuse……….It could result in the cops helping…………making a report and possible legal actions as you requested. Always do a roommate rules contract separate……..include even voting provisions or ways of resolving disputes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back