Consumer Law, Warranties Roommate Verbal agreement advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentUnaware

Alright so heres the deal.

In December my roommate lost his car, which was my only transportation to work, causing me to have to quit my job. Now, in a month I'm going to be getting a fairly sizable check that in all hopes I will use for the down payment for a car. The slight speedbump is that my credit is shot, but yet my roommate's credit is passable enough to get a car loan.

So they came up with the idea to get the car in their name, with me paying the down payment and as soon as I get a job (which quite honestly wont be long at all because theres places all around here that are hiring I just can't get to any of them due to the lack of bus routes) that I will make the payments on the car. They have also agreed that the car will be mine and as soon as the car is paid off that it will be signed over in my name. In addition they have agreed that if anything happens and I need to move out that I can take the car with me.

However I'm wanting to get something other than a verbal agreement to validate this so that my roommate can't change their mind later before I put the money into it. Anyone know what kind of legal agreement I would need for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back