Roommate issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLB85

My boyfriend and I are from another state and moved to SC to take care of a friend of ours. I am her caretaker through the court of charleston but it doesn't need to be approved to switch out. Needless to say she moved into the house we were renting and when that lease was up wanted a bigger house with more private space. Being she has a conservator they agreed upon the move and signed the lease for her. As her caregiver it is somewhat my responsibility to not allow her to make shady decisions which has resulted in a "well ill just leave" teenager rebellion. Her attorney/conservator sat down today and decided to look at the big picture and see what the options for her may be. All 3 of us are on the lease and her attorney brought up that either my bf and I keep the home or we move out and she does. How does that work with 3 people on a lease. We ultimately can't afford it without her nor do we have money to just pick up and find a new home.since we practically just moved into this one in Oct. I don't think what her attorney is thinking can be done is fair either. I have spoken to a paralegal but really felt like I got no where. I have 2 babies I have to look out for and just need help from someone, anyone who can help me know what our rights are when I have to go sit down with her attorney after she does some research. Until then I will be looking for a new attorney of my own who is knowledgeable is this area. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't sign a written promise to pay if I didn't have the means to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back