Roomate That Steals And Doesnt Pay His Rent On Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRISHJOY78

Please Help, My Brother And I Rent A Townehouse. He Wanted His Friend To Move In. The First Month His Rent Was On Time. After That It's Been Late Every Month (about 5 Monthes Now). In That Time My Brother And I Been Served Papers Twice That We Are Being Sued For Rent. He Has Stoled $680 From Me Already. I Cant Prove That But I Know It Was Him, He Was The Only One In My House. And He Was Supose To Pay My Rent And Never Did. Claims He Went A Got Money Orders From The Post Office And The Rental Office Lost Them. I Went To The Post Office And They Had No Record Of Money Orders In The Amount Of My Rent. It Was Never Done. He's Cost Me $500 In Lawyer Fees. I Told Him To Get Out. I Gave Him Until Jan 30 To Leave. If He Doesnt What Can I Do? And Can I Go Press Charges On Him For Stealing My Money? Also He Has A Dog, And His Room Smells Like Urine. Can I Make Him Pay For The Cleaning Of His Carpet In His Room.

room mate

unfotunatley you will have to evict him as any other landlord has to do to a tenant that is no paying...sorry that the only thing you can do

Unfortunately Bill has it right. You'll have to evict for non-payment. You may want to take your brother to small claims court -- right now you know where he lives! I would sue him for the money too, even if it comes down to a case of credibility. You never know. Good luck to you and I'm very sorry to hear that you have these kinds of problems with your own flesh and blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back