Roomate Restraining Order

EmpressEevee

Jurisdiction
Idaho
I live in a house with my landlord who has rented out a room to me, and one to another girl. The landlord and I get along well, but the other roommate has been an issue where neither the landlord or I get along with her. The landlord gave her a 30 day notice on the 21st of June, so she has to be out by the 21st of July.

Since then though the roommate has been harassing me, thinking I'm the reason she's being evicted. Leaving me messages around the house and messing with my items. Both the landlord and I have asked her repeatedly to leave my items alone and she continues.

She also has been making facebook statuses that a friend of ours has been sending us screenshots of about how she's messing with our things. The other day she attempted to make a dish that contains a lot of onion in it that we requested she not make again previously because it made the landlord sick, and made it so my boyfriend had to leave because he is severely allergic to onions. She made a status stating that she was making it this time on purpose to cause harm to them. Since the pots and pans are mine I requested she not use them and that we pack the food into her containers and she can take the ingredients elsewhere to make the dish. She got angry at attempted to throw the food on me. She then threw the pots into the sink breaking some of the landlord's dishes. We called the cops on her for that and they basically said that its just a "he said she said" situation because I dodged the cooking food and wasn't hurt by it.

At this point neither my landlord or I feel safe in this house with her. The cops advised me to just find somewhere else to live for the next month-ish until she is gone. I don't think it's fair that I have to try to find somewhere else to live to try to keep myself safe, and then leave her there to do who knows what with my items.

I'm wanting to see if there's a way to get her out of the house sooner than the 21st. Would getting a No Contact order make it so she has to leave early? If not is there anything the landlord or I can do to get her out early?
And if I go through those channels is there anything bad that could happen to our landlord? She's done everything she can think of to try to make the roommate leave me alone, and I would hate to see her in trouble for something she can't control.
And since the roommate has already paid rent for July, would the landlord be required to give it back if I'm able to do something that requires her to move out early?

I'm wanting to see if there's a way to get her out of the house sooner than the 21st. Would getting a No Contact order make it so she has to leave early? If not is there anything the landlord or I can do to get her out early?

If anyone violates the law, as in attempting to harm you or the landlord, you call "911".

I suggest you avoid any self help remedies.

Don't get your hopes up that the deadbeat will VOLUNTARILY leave by 21 July.

Read on to understand what can and often does happen.

First all, what the landlord allegedly gave her is nothing more than a request.

It is a prelude what must be done NEXT, should she choose to IGNORE the landlord's request.

The landlord can ask her to leave, as you indicate has been done.

The person must be a month to month tenant, what the terms a "tenancy at will".

The landlord wanted to end her month-to-month tenancy but lacked any legal cause to evict her, thus the landlord can give her a 30-day notice to vacate.

I hope the notice informed her that the month-to-month tenancy will end at the end of 30 days and that the tenant must be moved out of the rental unit by that time.

If the tenant does not move out of the rental unit by that time, then the landlord can file an eviction lawsuit against the tenant (see Idaho Code § 55-208).

https://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title55/T55CH2SECT55-208.htm

Idaho Notice Requirements to Terminate a Month-to-Month Tenancy has more information on this subject.

Idaho Notice Requirements to Terminate a Month-to-Month Tenancy

The calendar can tick off the days, and when 21 July arrives, she can smile and there is nothing more the landlord can do.

He must then go to court and request that judge order her to be evicted.

The legal process can take another six to eight weeks for the case to be heard.

When the landlord prevails in his eviction lawsuit, then the court will set a date by which the tenant must move out of the rental unit.

Most tenants won't move out of the rental unit by that date, then a sheriff will come to the property and remove the tenant.

If the tenant has moved out but has left behind personal belongings (other than trash), only the sheriff is allowed to remove those belongings.

The landlord must not remove the personal property or dispose of it.

The sheriff will store the belongings in a safe place and try to contact the tenant to collect her personal property.

The Ada County Sheriff has more information he or you cna use:

https://adasheriff.org/Services/Civil/Civil-Process-Services

More information on evictions in ID:

Boise, ID – Tenant Eviction Process | Kick'em Out Quick®

https://courtselfhelp.idaho.gov/brochures/H-6.pdf

The Landlord Friendly Idaho Eviction Process and Downloadable Notice

EmpressEevee, I deleted your post of today because it's a duplicate of this thread. Please keep all future discussions of this matter in this thread and don't open new ones. Thank you.

EmpressEevee, I deleted your post of today because it's a duplicate of this thread. Please keep all future discussions of this matter in this thread and don't open new ones. Thank you.
I'm sorry even though the situation is the same one I had classified them as different questions. One was more relating to any way to get her out of the house, the other one was if it's possible to get a restraining order. I thought it might be necessary to clarify since the first one had a lot of different questions and I've only received the one reply which really wasnt an answer to my questions.

Back