Roomate Roomate issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianFHB

My roommate has lived in this apartment for approx 10 years. I moved in 3 years ago and and the manager made me sign the rental agreement before one ounce of my stuff could enter the apartment.

My roommate tells me 2 days ago that he is getting married in January and is having his Fiance move in after the wedding. Essentially saying he is kicking me out.

Can he do this if we are both on a signed rental agreement??? We are month to month and not on a lease. Although he has been here a lot longer than me.

I am unemployed right now and moving isn't possible for me right now financially(no proof of income, I have money to pay rent though), and I need to sell a lot of my stuff and would prefer to stay here and have him move.

HELP!

You have just as much right to the place as he does. You are both tenants at will. Go to the property manager and see if he will let you sign a 1 year lease. Then your friend can move.

Your friend does not have control of the property. You are on equal standing with him. If you don't get a sole lease though, he probably will. He isn't much of a friend to bring you in and boot you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back