Rolex Watch Damaged In Motorcycle Accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

florida

I was involved in a motorcycle accident that damaged my Rolex watch.

I was not at fault and the driver of the car that hit me has insurance and that carrier has accepted responsibility for the accident.

A Rolex dealer has stated that it will cost $16,000 to repair my watch. The same dealer says the actual value of the watch prior to the accident was $9,500. The insurance company is offering to pay me $9,500 (actual cash value)and they will take the watch. The dealer tells me the watch is worth $3,000 in it's present condition. A new Rolex like the one I have is $25,000 retail. I want to keep my watch and have it repaired.

What might my options be?

Thank you.

Think of it this way....

Everything loses value, watches, cars, houses, etc. Nobody is going to give you 50k to repair a car that is only worth 40k. Same with the watch. I suggest searching the internet and getting comparables, if you can come up with a few used Rolex watches that are as just like your old one for more than $9,500, turn those into the insurance adjuster, maybe they will give you more than the original $9,500 offer.

Don't count on getting more than the ACV or having the insurance company pay the $16,000 to fix it. Will never happen.

You are entitled to the watch's value at the time of the accident. The insurance company is not going to pay 16k for a watch that is worth 9k. Not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back