Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Robbery

RandiD

Jurisdiction
Texas
Me and my husband went to a store and i guess we forgot to scan 1 thing and we paid and left well 2 guys did not know who they were and they did not say anything started to rip stuff out of my hand so my husband got out a bat to scare them off and then almost 2 months later they came and charged him with robbery and me theft i am seeing what the outcome will be for at least him with other charges but non Robbery

Me and my husband went to a store and i guess we forgot to scan 1 thing and we paid and left well 2 guys did not know who they were and they did not say anything started to rip stuff out of my hand so my husband got out a bat to scare them off and then almost 2 months later they came and charged him with robbery and me theft i am seeing what the outcome will be for at least him with other charges but non Robbery

You and your husband ought to be consulting a criminal defense attorney, and likely you should each have your own lawyer. A lot depends on the evidence the prosecutor has and what the juries in your county are likely to do after hearing everything. The threat with the bat could come out a variety of ways, depending on exactly what the jury believes really happened. Maybe he can successfully make a self-defense argument. Maybe he can get it knocked down to a simple assault or something. Without knowing all the facts, I cannot give a good guess what will happen here. That's what seeing a criminal defense attorney who has access to all the facts will be able to do: tell you what the likely outcome may be and what options you and your husband have.

You have the RIGHT to remain silent.

I suggest you use it.

You have the RIGHT to a lawyer or public defender if you can't afford a lawyer.

I suggest you request one, until you have a lawyer, don't discuss any aspect of the case with anyone and don't post details of the case all over the internet.

You are INNOCENT until and unless the state proves your guilt or you plead guilty.

I suggest you stop blabbing.

Back