road side assistance was not available on memorial day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ut199

I bought the road side assistance from a company called carMD and unfortunately my car broke down on memorial day. When I called the number on the 'assistance card' that they provided it said their offices were closed and I wasn't able to access the service. I pulled off their sales number from google where they actually had sales staff working. Their sales supervisor was also baffled by the situation of which he had no answer and was not able to provide me with the direct towing service number.
I was stuck for 4 hours until one of my friends came from 70 miles out to rescue me. The next day I called up their customer service to complain to which they said, there should be a towing service number printed on the 'assistance card' and not the customer service number. I requested to speak to the supervisor to which they transferred my call to but he was not available. I left a voice message explaining the situation and asking them to re-send their assistance cards to all who have the wrong telephone number printed but did not get any reply.
What can I do about this? Can I take them to court for all the inconvenience it caused me and my family and not to mention my friend. The road side assistance service that I contracted to was supposedly meant to provide coverage 24/7 and 365 days a yr.

How long has it been since you left message for supervisor? You need to give them time to fix situation. Its very possible he got message late and is working on issue with his superiors.

It was May 28th. I doubt they are going to do anything about it, at least a courtesy call back acknowledging the issue would have calmed me down.

Without knowing the actual terms of the contract - and there are several options, evidently - it's impossible to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back