Consumer Fraud RJA capital scam - sue for harrasment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

butterfly

About two months ago I kept getting a call from some number I didnt recognize. I never answered and finally I did, heard the mans name and hung up. I thought it a telemarketer. In any case, he called right back and left me a voicemail saying "You know EXACTLY why Im calling you. Call me back." So the next day, I did. He said I owed x amount to a chase credit card from 2006 and if I didnt set up a payment arrangement I was going to be served with papers and sent to court. I told him I wanted to talk to my husband before I did anything but he wouldnt let me off the phone saying I would have court costs, jail time, they were going to come to my job and embarrass me, etc.

So panicking, I gave him my husbands card number (didnt have mine at the time) andset up payment arrangements. That afternoon I went home, my husband was furious. He said the debt was almost 7 years old and did I know where hese people were calling from and why all of asudden? (I hadnt recieved a call over that debt in almost 5 years.) So, when I called back to cancel the payments he refused to take my card off and continued charging me every two weeks. He told me he'd only stop taking the money if I gae him soe other form of payment. I told him the card was in my husbands name, he didnt authorize the payments, and asked he refunded $75 of which he told me he charged by accident. Long story short, i gave him a different card number that no longer worked (by that time i had done research and realized this wasnt a legit debt collector. saw numerous threads about people being threatened). He called my job yesterday saying they wre going to come and arrest me for bad checks and that I owed money and that I was non complying. He told this all to the RECEPTIONIST. He then called my cell, I told him to not called my job and hung up. He called back and left a voicemail saying he wouldnt give me back any of my money, i was non complient, and to "have fun in jail - tood a lu!"

I have NO idea how he got any of my information including my number, work info, ss number, etc. I dont know what to do. Should I just let this go? Im furious he would be such an a-hole and I want to make him pay for this!

You might want to Google "debt collection practices". It will reveal a few remedies. Don't expect miracles, but it's all you've got. Also go to the Federal Trade Commission website:

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.shtm

This also describes how to file a complaint.
Try adding the state in which you reside, they might have a remedy or two. Usually your state's attorney general is the place to go.

In the future, never discuss anything on the telephone.

Tell the caller you respond only, if you choose to do so, to written correspondence.

There are no prisons for owing debts in the USA.

Lastly, you are not required to discuss or disclose anything. Going forward, stop talking, just stop talking.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I actually did not receive any calls from this company, but 'Brad Sutton", from RJA Capital has managed to leave messages about me with just about all my friends and family, not sure how he got their phone numbers, but he did. I called him this morning to find out who he was, and why he was looking for me, the call back number he left is: 607-231-8060...He has got to be the most unprofessional person I have ever came across, screaming at me, threatening me..I explained to him that I honestly had no idea about any of the information he was trying to give me, and to please send me some information by mail, and mentioned my rights under the FDCPA, I think that is what set him off, he proceeded to scream over me, not letting me speak at all, and basically told me that the sheriff would be contacting me, and good luck. If "Brad", and "RJA Capital" was legitimate, they would not need to use threats to intimidate people into paying them, and they would have absolutely no problem sending the information by mail. I am 100% sure that I don't owe any outstanding debt, and I have not written any "bad checks" as he tried to claim.
Is this guy for real?? I'm sure he "scares" a lot of people to paying him, but seriously?? How could anyone really think this guy, and this company is for real??

I actually did not receive any calls from this company, but 'Brad Sutton", from RJA Capital has managed to leave messages about me with just about all my friends and family, not sure how he got their phone numbers, but he did. I called him this morning to find out who he was, and why he was looking for me, the call back number he left is: 607-231-8060...He has got to be the most unprofessional person I have ever came across, screaming at me, threatening me..I explained to him that I honestly had no idea about any of the information he was trying to give me, and to please send me some information by mail, and mentioned my rights under the FDCPA, I think that is what set him off, he proceeded to scream over me, not letting me speak at all, and basically told me that the sheriff would be contacting me, and good luck. If "Brad", and "RJA Capital" was legitimate, they would not need to use threats to intimidate people into paying them, and they would have absolutely no problem sending the information by mail. I am 100% sure that I don't owe any outstanding debt, and I have not written any "bad checks" as he tried to claim.
Is this guy for real?? I'm sure he "scares" a lot of people to paying him, but seriously?? How could anyone really think this guy, and this company is for real??

They are real.
They don't or can't intimidate you, if you know your rights.
My best advice is ignore them, never give anyone your real telephone number.
I simply say I have no phone when asked for one.
Besides, never discuss any personal information with anyone you don't trust completely, in person or on the phone.
I always advise people to send me written correspondence, should they wish to discuss anything.
Remember, you are under no legal obligation to speak to anyone in person or over the telephone.

I had a similar problem with them...threatening and making me think they were an attorney office. I want to get people together and file suit. Let me know if you are interested and we can exchange emails...

Ya I got a loan out lost my job and had no way to pay first ihad Indian people calling who were very rude. Now I got a Kyle Davis calling from rja capitol and I've paid them twice. I don't wanna continue to pay them until I get something written. The loan Co. I got the loan from tried to take money out my bank account. My info was online my social too. So neway I froze my account to my bank because when u don't have the money in ur account and someone tries to take money ur bank charges u so I froze my account that's why I thought I would be in trouble. Should I continue to pay or wait and get written notice? -christina-

Ya I got a loan out lost my job and had no way to pay first ihad Indian people calling who were very rude. Now I got a Kyle Davis calling from rja capitol and I've paid them twice. I don't wanna continue to pay them until I get something written. The loan Co. I got the loan from tried to take money out my bank account. My info was online my social too. So neway I froze my account to my bank because when u don't have the money in ur account and someone tries to take money ur bank charges u so I froze my account that's why I thought I would be in trouble. Should I continue to pay or wait and get written notice? -christina-

If you're smart, you'll get a new bank account.

You should change your phone number, make it unpublished, unlisted, and don't give it to anyone.

Then, stop communicating with these crooks and scammers.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Make your complaints known against RVA Capital 315-410-2090 by turning them over to, the New York Attorney General's Office at 800-771-7755, Federal Trade Commission 877-382-4357 and the Better Business Bureau 716-881-5222.

i never recieved a call from this company but i did get one from another. spa... they said they were going to take me to court for check fraud. i may have debt but i have never written any bad checks. when i asked them to send me info they said that there was nothing to send and that i could do... i would have to wait for them to take me to court. the lady was very rude and even cursed at me over the phone. she tried to get me to pay with a prepaid credit card today and i told her that i would not do anything until i recieved something in writing. she then replied that i have had more than 30 days to reply and she would see my f***xxg ass in court. the womens name is exxx wxxxx 281-xxxxxxx. she even threaten to serve me with court papers at my place of employment. not sure what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
i never recieved a call from this company but i did get one from another. spa... they said they were going to take me to court for check fraud. i may have debt but i have never written any bad checks. when i asked them to send me info they said that there was nothing to send and that i could do... i would have to wait for them to take me to court. the lady was very rude and even cursed at me over the phone. she tried to get me to pay with a prepaid credit card today and i told her that i would not do anything until i recieved something in writing. she then replied that i have had more than 30 days to reply and she would see my f***xxg ass in court. the womens name is exxx wxxxx 281-xxxxxxx. she even threaten to serve me with court papers at my place of employment. not sure what to do.

You don't have to talk to these idiots.

Change your number and forget this nonsense.

These are scammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back