rip off

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjenkins79

We recenlty vacated our apt. on april 29. by memorial weekend we recieved a notice saying we owe $1140. the statements were sent to my mothers do to when we gave our 30day we had not found a place yet. well, unfortunatley she "forgot to tell us" about it until late june when we recieved a phone call from a collections agent saying pay up. we sent a dispute letter saying the time alloted was not ample time even if my mother did actually give us the letters, and the charges are unclear. why are we still being charged for utilities? we want to see all receipts pertaining to the charges.nowhere on the statement does it say what our $1000 deposit was used for. we get another call back yesterday stating pay up or go to court. again with no response to the questions we asked. we do not want to go to court with fear of losing and having to pay more in the end. we have decided to try to talk to them in person to have them "break" everything down for us so we can see what is going on and hopefully work something out. What q's do i neeed to ask besides the obvious? thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back