Right of Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

keegan13

per our neighbors request I agreed to let him relocate our deeded right of way. He wanted me to sign a new deed . I hired a lawyer because the neighbor had retrictions and rules added to the deed. I decided not to sign anything with this untrusting neighbor. he had put a fence blocking and filled in the deeded right of way with sand before he even changed the deed all of which I believe was illegal .he said that because we had a verbal agreement he could do whatever he wanted.. property is located near beach.the new right of way is much better for us as it is further from his property. My question is with nothing in writing for the new right of way and the original deeded right of way blocked what will happen down the road if I leave the situaiton as is.I am constantly having issues with this crabby neighbor.. thank you so much for any help provided:

per our neighbors request I agreed to let him relocate our deeded right of way. He wanted me to sign a new deed . I hired a lawyer because the neighbor had retrictions and rules added to the deed. I decided not to sign anything with this untrusting neighbor. he had put a fence blocking and filled in the deeded right of way with sand before he even changed the deed all of which I believe was illegal .he said that because we had a verbal agreement he could do whatever he wanted.. property is located near beach.the new right of way is much better for us as it is further from his property. My question is with nothing in writing for the new right of way and the original deeded right of way blocked what will happen down the road if I leave the situaiton as is.I am constantly having issues with this crabby neighbor.. thank you so much for any help provided:
Your neighbor is absolutely wrong. You may even want to call the police with regard to your neighbor's trespass onto your property. Without a deed in place, unless there is some other right your neighbor has, e.g. an easement, your neighbor has no such rights. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back