Other Green Card Issue Revoke Green card and resident status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilderpa

My son (American) married a Canadian 2 years ago and she filed for and eventually got legal permanent resident status and a Green Card. She lived with him in the US for two years, spending his money and running up a lot of debt (unfortunately in his name). When the money ran out, so did she !! She left him this past January and returned to Canada. He is filing for divorce. Can he request that her Green Card and/or resident status be revoked?

No he can't. It was a genuine marriage.............It was not a fake one so her personal decision to leave when he ran out of money is legal and not an immigration issue.

Need Advice

I married a girl from ethiopia and brought her here in October of 2008. We did all the immigration paper work and got her temporary permanent resident card 10 days ago, now when i came back from work this past Thursday,on 05/07/09 she has packed all her belongings, and left without a note,she locked the door, took hey keys and I have not heard from her since.I changed my lock that same evening. We were not having any problems,and I thought we were in a good marriage. My question is: Can I have the INS to revote her probationary temporary green card, and how do I accomplish that?

thanks,
FesAny

you cannot revoke her temporary status, but what you can do is to inform the INS about her action and tell them that she is no longer with you. When after her two years stay here, she will have to go back to the INS to remove her conditional status at which time the INS will be able to either hold her and get you involve or deport her.

Thank you so much for your advice. I have written to the INS today as advised, and to the atttention of the INS Officer who interviewed us. I have provided them with her Alien Number, Social Security # ,and her date of birth. My question is:

Would the INS be able to track her down if she goes to another State in the Union to remove her conditional status in the next 2 years?

Thank you,

Fes Any

Question

Would the INS be able to track her down if she goes to another State in the Union to remove her conditional status in the next 2 years?

I have written to the INS as advised, and to the atttention of the INS Officer who interviewed us. I have provided them with her Alien Number, Social Security # ,and her date of birth. Please advice.

Thank you,

Fes Any

getting the deadbeat deported

I'm not a lawyer, but here's my two cents. If your former spouse lied on their application for permanent residency, then that could be sufficient grounds for having their green card revoked. Run a criminal background check in their home country and see if you can dig up any dirt.

You should move fast, because if they successfully apply for and get U.S. citizenship, it's probably too late.

similar and different

1st part:
I have a conditional green card; having married in good faith (with eternal hope).
Next summer will be 2 years since I got it and would like to apply for removal of conditions.

My USC spouse and I are having problems and I have "temporarily" moved out (across the country). We needed some distance. We still talk on the phone. Not sure what will happen yet.

What does this mean for me when filling out the I-751?
Will I be allowed to apply for removal of conditions?
I may still be technically married, but living apart.
Will becoming a permanent resident take longer if one has left their spouse?

Advice?
Experience?

2nd part:
What happens when it's time for citizenship?
This will obviously take longer; 5 or 7 years instead of applying at 3 years, right?

Re:

To "thismybest",

I am not a lawyer, but I believe your situation is what we call a catch22 in the sense that it seems like you are walking on a thin, and slippery line here, and most situations such as yours don't normally fair well in immigration matters especially under current immigration laws. The problems that led to the separation in your marriage may not be your fault but the INS don't know that. If this lady turns you in to the INS either by writing to them, or going to their office in person,or decides to be uncooperative, you might have lots of INS headaches to deal with ranging from arrest, dention, and possible deportation on one hand. So, you really have a lot to think about. You might want to start putting some dollars together for any possible INS legal battle incase it goes to deportation hearing.

On the other hand,you need to hire an immigration attorney before time runs out on you to seek advice. The response to part 2 of your question is: take care of part one of your issues first.

Hello-

I would like to know how can I get my daughter's boyfriend green card rovoked?

I just found out that he has been abusing her physically and mentally. He has been here in the United States for about 2 yrs.

We surely don't need characters like this in our country. He comes from the Dominican Republic. We can not have him keep his card and carry more burden on our legal system and on our citzens.

Thank you
Argentina12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back