Returning new car

J

Jen M

Jurisdiction
Arizona
The car dealership did what I believe to be a "spot delivery" on Saturday and I signed the paperwork. My husband is also suppose to be on the loan but had to leave. They said he could sign the paperwork later when we paid the remaining $5k down payment. 24 hours later the truck has some major hesitation issues and believe could be a lemon. Since my husband didn't sign the financing paperwork yet can we legally return the truck?

If that was the case then you wouldn't be allowed to drive off with it.

If there is a problem with the truck it will be handled under the warranty.

It all depends on what you have already signed. At this point you can't say it's a lemon, it could be a simple warranty repair. Of course you can always ASK the dealership if you can return this vehicle and get another. It never hurts to ask. At this point they do not have all the signatures they need nor do they have all of the down payment so my guess would be that they will realize it's much easier at this point for them to try and put you in another vehicle rather than try to enforce the purchase of this vehicle.

Hesitation could be caused by a lot of very simple things such as a loose intake hose. Lemon laws aren't in play yet. Take the truck to the dealer for repair. You are likely beyond a point of being able to walk away from this.

Back