Criminal Attorneys, Public Defenders returned item

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewildered

Hi there..I am an ebay seller..I sold a bag(cost $1765) to a customer in July of 2014. 5 months later they told me the bag handles were peeling and they were going to send to see if the designers factory could fix it..Apparently, the designer said they couldn't. Because of the length of time 5 months neither ebay or paypal would issue a refund for the transaction. But because the lady was so nice I told her she could return and I would refund her..Not knowing the severity of the damage! hen I received it it was NON SELLABLE! I then offered her a partial payment of $1500 with a payment schedule of$500 for 3 months.She refused and calledmy local Police department who came out and told me I better refund her and her husband or I would be sorry! I again attempted to offer her $500installments..Her husband is refusing and says that they are going to put me in jail if I dont pay them in full immediately. They live in California and I live in N.J. What should I do? Can they prosecute me?

Hi there..I am an ebay seller..I sold a bag(cost $1765) to a customer in July of 2014. 5 months later they told me the bag handles were peeling and they were going to send to see if the designers factory could fix it..Apparently, the designer said they couldn't. Because of the length of time 5 months neither ebay or paypal would issue a refund for the transaction. But because the lady was so nice I told her she could return and I would refund her..Not knowing the severity of the damage! hen I received it it was NON SELLABLE! I then offered her a partial payment of $1500 with a payment schedule of$500 for 3 months.She refused and calledmy local Police department who came out and told me I better refund her and her husband or I would be sorry! I again attempted to offer her $500installments..Her husband is refusing and says that they are going to put me in jail if I dont pay them in full immediately. They live in California and I live in N.J. What should I do? Can they prosecute me?

Private citizens can't prosecute each other.
A CA or NJ prosecutor could bring charges against you.
CA won't touch this case criminally, and I doubt that NJ will, either.
She could sue you.
But, to sue you, she'd have to come to NJ.

Taking the purse back after five moths was your first mistake, unless it was counterfeit.
If it is counterfeit, taking it back was brilliant.

You've boxed yourself in foolishly.

If I were you, I'd simply stop digging a deeper hole, and do nothing.
If she sues you, then you defend.
Otherwise, stop digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back