Return kirby vaccum after 3 days?

Rlmn6

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I bought a Kirby vacuum on 5-2-17. We have not used it nor have we made the first payment (financed and the first payment is due in August) I do know they have a 3 day return policy but is there anyway to get out of the contract and return the unused vacuum?

I bought a Kirby vacuum on 5-2-17. We have not used it nor have we made the first payment (financed and the first payment is due in August) I do know they have a 3 day return policy but is there anyway to get out of the contract and return the unused vacuum?

Know Your Rights
Under Minnesota's Personal Solicitation of Sales Act, salespeople who make "cold calls" at the doorsteps of Minnesota residents must clearly and expressly disclose: (1) their name, (2) the name of the business they represent, (3) the goods or services they wish to sell, and (4) that they wish to sell those goods. The salespeople must disclose this information, and also show you identification with their name and the name of the business represented—before asking you any questions or making any other statements. In addition, under Minnesota's Right to Cancel law, you only have three days to cancel door-to-door sales involving personal goods or services. If you bought something from a door-to-door salespeople and have second thoughts, act immediately to cancel the contract. If you don't cancel within three days, you may be locked into a costly and unwanted purchase.
#########################
Office of Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 1400
St. Paul, MN 55101
(651) 296-3353 or (800) 657-3787
TTY: (651) 297-7206 or TTY: (800) 366-4812

=================
=================
Door-To-Door Sales and Telemarketers | The Office of Attorney General Lori Swanson
=================
=================

Then you are bound by the contract for the duration.

Unless you just want to default and take your chances on getting sent to collections, having your credit trashed, or getting sued for the balance.

Back