Retaliation Traffic Ticket

flrider

Jurisdiction
Florida
I was given a $169 traffic ticket for asking why the off duty officer directing traffic stopped traffic to let 2 cars out of a mega church. I was told if I contest it he would make it worse. I dropped off a civilian complaint stating how the officer threatened me on the way to traffic court. When I went to traffic court he wrote another ticket changing it to Florida criminal section 316.1931-1 Fleeing or attempt to flee, a 3rd degree felony. I filed another complaint of retaliation a couple days after he changed the charge. I hired an attorney to plead not guilty and the state prosecutor dropped the charge. I now want to sue the city for money spent on my attorney and the suffering I have incurred from the incident. I am 65, retired, and have never had a ticket or an accident that was my fault. Attorneys are listed for Divorce, Taxes, etc. but what type of attorney should I be looking for? I feel like my Freedom of Speech has been violated.

Attorneys are listed for Divorce, Taxes, etc. but what type of attorney should I be looking for?

You trust your traffic attorney.

I suggest you ask him or her for attorneys that could represent you.

That attorney might be willing to be your champion, for a fee, of course.

I was given a $169 traffic ticket for asking why the off duty officer directing traffic stopped traffic to let 2 cars out of a mega church.

That was so catastrophically unreasonably that you felt compelled to stop your car (or bike) in front of the cop, impeding the traffic behind you, and mouth off?

What was the first ticket for? Impeding traffic? Interfering with an officer or disobeying his signals?

I suspect that there's more to your confrontation with the officer that just "asking."

Back