Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Retail Theft Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamahelp

When my daughter was 17 she took some items at a tore where she was working

We received a letter that her name was put in some type of retail data base for 7 years and then removed.

How can we find out if she is still on this list and to get her off of it?

It has been 10 years and she has grown up and has a new baby and wants to start looking for a part-time job.

I don't know the name of the company since I have not been able to find the letter.

She applied for a job about 6 years ago and the incident at (deleted) came up.

The police department here say they have no records.

Last edited by a moderator:
When my daughter was 17 she took some items at a tore where she was working

We received a letter that her name was put in some type of retail data base for 7 years and then removed.

You can't see the list, get access to the list, as the list is restricted use, limited access to members only.

All she can do is apply and see if she gets hired.

You can try running certain online records checks (they cost money) and see what your search yields.

I can only tell you what some people say, that their names remain in those databases for a very LONG time.

Others say their names often disappear after a few years.

People fail to recognize that some actions ruin your entire life.

That said, just avoid doing thIngs you know you shouldn't.

Good luck....

It has been 10 years and she has grown up and has a new baby and wants to start looking for a part-time job.

I don't know the name of the company since I have not been able to find the letter.

She applied for a job about 6 years ago and the incident came up.

The police department here say they have no records.

Don't confuse those retail theft databases (there are several) with official government (as in POLICE and COURT) records.

As far as what the police told you, I would assume its correct.

Last edited:
If it has been 10 years ago & she applied for a job 6 years ago & the incident showed up, the 7 years would not have been up yet. It may currently no longer show up - can't say for sure.

Simple answer - you can't.

It would defeat the purpose of the list if you could. And even if you could find out whether or not she is on the list, there is nothing you can do short of a court order to get her off it. And you won't get a court order because such lists are legal.

She just needs to fill out some job applications (answer all questions truthfully) & see what happens.

As a retail theft consultant I talk to people all the time on this subject. They are correct the time span for 90% of these databases is 7 years after that they drop off. Only another subscriber can view this info. I know many of these stores who use these databases but cannot publically divulge this info. I work for both sides and this would not be productive for me. I can talk to you privately about this if your concerned. My email is in my profile. Suffice it to say if its been 10 years it will not show up on most searches. I cannot say the same for any criminal background check. It would also be wise to remove name of store (especially this store chain) from your post.

It would also be wise to remove name of store (especially this store chain) from your post.

I deleted just now. Thanks for mentioning store was in post. I remove the name of the store when I see it in a post but must have missed it or forgot when I posted in this thread earlier.

The store named actually has people in their employ whose job (or part of) is to find and deal with issues of concern on internet

I believe it.................................

"although another site got credit" -- Bummer! :( I can see where stores would believe it was a good idea & use the policy.

"although another site got credit" -- Bummer! :( I can see where stores would believe it was a good idea & use the policy.

I wasn't seeking credit but it was unfair for the site to boast at taking down this person when it was I who did it. In my work as private consultant I have caught a cheating District Loss Prevention Manager (padding internals to gain bonus), Aggressive Loss Prevention persons and teams, Misconduct of Loss prevention Professionals. Loss Prevention Professionals that divulge info about their companies, stealing employees and more. I have learned first hand how retailers (probably non retail as well) use internet to find employees who are doing wrong. This is the reason I am such a big advocate that users give very little info. I know how easy it is to catch someone with very little info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back