Restraining order ?

talaya C

Jurisdiction
Maryland
I am 17 years old and I live with my mother. It's her, her boyfriend, and my little brother and sister. Her boyfriend is abusive towards her and has been abusive towards us in the past. Child protective services have been called on two occasions in the past and in one we were taken away and allowed to only come back if he is never to come back again. She said he left for good but he has been there ever since.

Recently, she filed another restraining order against him but being that it's not the first and they still have contact with each other im sure she will allow him to come back .

If she allows him to come back, can I file a restraining order by myself ? Because I know she will not do it with me since she loves him and wants him back but we do not feel safe with him there . He is abusive and brings things into the house around us kids that's should never be there.

Please let me know what I can do ! Anything ....
Thank you

Why not report it to CPS? No one can file for a restraining order because someone is mean to a third party nor because they do not like someone's past behavior.

I am 17 years old and I live with my mother. It's her, her boyfriend, and my little brother and sister. Her boyfriend is abusive towards her and has been abusive towards us in the past. Child protective services have been called on two occasions in the past and in one we were taken away and allowed to only come back if he is never to come back again. She said he left for good but he has been there ever since.

Recently, she filed another restraining order against him but being that it's not the first and they still have contact with each other I'm sure she will allow him to come back .

If she allows him to come back, can I file a restraining order by myself ? Because I know she will not do it with me since she loves him and wants him back but we do not feel safe with him there . He is abusive and brings things into the house around us kids that's should never be there.

Please let me know what I can do ! Anything ....
Thank you

You might wish to discuss your options with a TRUSTED adult relative (aunt, uncle, grandmother, etc...)

You could report your mom's boyfriend if he comes around by calling "911' anonymously and saying a man with a restraining order is in your house where he isn't supposed to be.

If you get CPS involved, you and your brother might end up in foster care, or a group home.

Back