restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

troubledat17

I have received a temporary restraining order on behalf of an exgirlfriend whom I have not dated since Jan 07. We both live in the same area and it is unavoidable that we will see each other in the neighborhood from time to time, we also know a lot of the same people. She has stated in her paperwork that I am stalking her. I do not go out of my way to find her or watch her. Like I said we live in the same area. I do admit that I have made comments to her from time to time when I have seen her. Her new boyfriend is the one that constantly says stuff to me like I'm gonna kick your a## ,I tell him to bring it on and I have gotten into 2 fights with him. I want to add that when my ex and I started going out she wanted me to beat up her then ex.I am 17, she is 15. I was 16 when we were going out.
My question is I have people who were with me on some of these dates she has alleged I 've done something , these people are willing to write a statement, that I did not do what she has accused me of; however, they do not want to have to go to court. If they write out their statement and have it notorized will it be acceptable to the court? I do not want or need this on my record. I want to join the Marines when I turn 18 after I graduate. I am afraid this will hurt my chance of getting in.

I have received a temporary restraining order on behalf of an exgirlfriend whom I have not dated since Jan 07. We both live in the same area and it is unavoidable that we will see each other in the neighborhood from time to time, we also know a lot of the same people. She has stated in her paperwork that I am stalking her. I do not go out of my way to find her or watch her. Like I said we live in the same area. I do admit that I have made comments to her from time to time when I have seen her. Her new boyfriend is the one that constantly says stuff to me like I'm gonna kick your a## ,I tell him to bring it on and I have gotten into 2 fights with him. I want to add that when my ex and I started going out she wanted me to beat up her then ex.I am 17, she is 15. I was 16 when we were going out.
My question is I have people who were with me on some of these dates she has alleged I 've done something , these people are willing to write a statement, that I did not do what she has accused me of; however, they do not want to have to go to court. If they write out their statement and have it notorized will it be acceptable to the court? I do not want or need this on my record. I want to join the Marines when I turn 18 after I graduate. I am afraid this will hurt my chance of getting in.

Your state could be different, but usually, there has to be an imediate threat of harm.

Is this civil or criminal? Who is the Petitioner/Plaintiff? Your ex? or the state?

Q: My question is I have people who were with me on some of these dates she has alleged I 've done something , these people are willing to write a statement, that I did not do what she has accused me of; however, they do not want to have to go to court. If they write out their statement and have it notorized will it be acceptable to the court?

A: No; how would the other side cross-examine them?

(Hint: Do your best to avoid this woman and all her friends. The judge won't accept any excuses from you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back