Restraining order and school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desire

I have a Restraining Order against me. In court of this year the Judge stated that I could not go to my daughters school w/i a 100 yards during school hours. My daughters school gets out at 2:05pm. I arrived at the school around 3 pm to sign up for parent teacher conferrer. I sat in the Vice principle office for approx 30 min and upon leaving I ran into my daughter in the office. I am now being taking to court for contempt. I am confused on why the judge said I could go after school hours but the custody order says don't go w/i 100 yards.

I have a Restraining Order against me. In court of this year the Judge stated that I could not go to my daughters school w/i a 100 yards during school hours. My daughters school gets out at 2:05pm. I arrived at the school around 3 pm to sign up for parent teacher conferrer. I sat in the Vice principle office for approx 30 min and upon leaving I ran into my daughter in the office. I am now being taking to court for contempt. I am confused on why the judge said I could go after school hours but the custody order says don't go w/i 100 yards.

Who is actually filing the contempt motion? Are you restrained from seeing your daughter, or is it purely restraining you from being on the school grounds?

My ex is filing the contempt. No, my daughter is not on the restraining order. My ex has a RO against me, while in court the judge gave my ex a restraining order and then added my daughters school on there.

My ex is filing the contempt. No, my daughter is not on the restraining order. My ex has a RO against me, while in court the judge gave my ex a restraining order and then added my daughters school on there.

When you go to court, explain what the judge said. Someone else may come along with some additional information for you.

The restraining order must be obeyed to the letter of each word.
If you were unclear about what you are enjoined from doing, seek clarification from a local attorney.
Your explanation might get you a fine, a couple hours or days in jail, so I'd seek legal counsel.
In the meantime, you might want to her teacher's over the telephone.
You could also lose other rights you now enjoy.
STOP and DON'T when published by a judge can cause BIGGER trouble for you.

The paper reads " The mother is not authorized to be at the childs school at any time when the child is present". I thought it ment i cant go while she was in school, so I went an hr after school was out. Can I still get in trouble because I mis understood this?

The paper reads " The mother is not authorized to be at the childs school at any time when the child is present". I thought it ment i cant go while she was in school, so I went an hr after school was out. Can I still get in trouble because I mis understood this?

Can you?

Don't know.

I DO know of people who have been held in contempt.

If I were you, I'd be very careful from here on out.

If you don't know,don't do.

You didn't need to go in person, a phone call, written letter, or email could have sufficed.

You must take the order seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back