Reputable Information about Post Divorce Relationships

baf4

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I am looking for reputable information about the typical effects that a man experiences when his ex-wife begins a new serious relationship and therefore brings that man around his children. Articles, studies, psychological reviews--anything that isn't fluff. Thank you

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-5_0-49-9.png
    upload_2017-11-5_0-49-9.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2017-11-5_0-50-11.png
    upload_2017-11-5_0-50-11.png
    51 KB · Views: 3
I am looking for reputable information about the typical effects that a man experiences when his ex-wife begins a new serious relationship and therefore brings that man around his children.

Why?

Does your ex-wife have a new boyfriend? Do your children like him? Is he a nice guy with no drug addiction, no alcoholism, no abuse, makes a good living? If yes to all those questions, just suck it up. That's how life works. Divorced people move on and get into new relationships.

Articles, studies, psychological reviews--anything that isn't fluff.

You can google that stuff but it isn't going to change anything.

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."

Omar Khayyám

No--the opposite. My ex, who has a past with domestic violence, is fighting about wanting more parenting time due to me being in a serious relationship. The relationship started 9 months into the middle of an 18 month divorce.( no infidelity). The GAL fears "father will be alienated" with my new relationship whereas I feel that of course he feels this way, who wouldn't, but that shouldn't mean he gets the children more than the previous arrangement that this same GAL has always recommended. I was looking for a reputable information that shows that these feelings of the father are normal and common, not anything unique or rare. I just want to move on. I shouldnt lose parenting time because I am happy in a new relationship.

The GAL represents the interests of your children (or should).

A lawyer is the one that represents YOUR interests. I suggest you talk to one, especially if your ex has already filed a petition with the court.

No--the opposite. My ex, who has a past with domestic violence, is fighting about wanting more parenting time due to me being in a serious relationship. The relationship started 9 months into the middle of an 18 month divorce.( no infidelity). The GAL fears "father will be alienated" with my new relationship whereas I feel that of course he feels this way, who wouldn't, but that shouldn't mean he gets the children more than the previous arrangement that this same GAL has always recommended. I was looking for a reputable information that shows that these feelings of the father are normal and common, not anything unique or rare. I just want to move on. I shouldnt lose parenting time because I am happy in a new relationship.
If you were not divorced, then legally, yes, you were practicing infidelity. I'd suggest parking the boyfriend at the curb until you are divorced and the judge has not only signed the paperwork, but the waiting period is over.

I am looking for reputable information about the typical effects that a man experiences when his ex-wife begins a new serious relationship and therefore brings that man around his children. Articles, studies, psychological reviews--anything that isn't fluff. Thank you

Google is your friend. This isn't even a legal question. I suspect you're trying to do something to stop her from having a new relationship around your kids though huh?

I am looking for reputable information about the typical effects that a man experiences when his ex-wife begins a new serious relationship and therefore brings that man around his children. Articles, studies, psychological reviews--anything that isn't fluff.

This doesn't appear to raise any legal issue, so I can only refer you to google or a library.

Back