Consumer Law, Warranties repair ripp-off in reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisadawn

I sure need some advice. I work for myself and repaired two expensive ovens for a woman who got my name from someone who I have repaired many appliances as he owns rental property. One oven I repaired was in this woman's own home and one in her rental property next door. She agreed to the cost of the repairs and verbally authorized tne repairs. That was last November and she hand delivered a 20.00 money order to my mailbox 3weeks ago. That's all I've received. Does anyone know what rights I have? I live in the great city of Pittsburgh, PA.

Small claims court -- but first send her a demand letter for the payment specifying the services rendered, the dates and the amount due and owing to you. Make sure you send it via a certifiable method, e.g. return receipt and demand payment within a period of time, e.g. 30 days. If there is no payment... file a claim. Good luck!

lisadawn said:
I sure need some advice. I work for myself and repaired two expensive ovens for a woman who got my name from someone who I have repaired many appliances as he owns rental property. One oven I repaired was in this woman's own home and one in her rental property next door. She agreed to the cost of the repairs and verbally authorized tne repairs. That was last November and she hand delivered a 20.00 money order to my mailbox 3weeks ago. That's all I've received. Does anyone know what rights I have? I live in the great city of Pittsburgh, PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back