Rental Car Company Liability

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangar00

My wife was struck by a person driving a rental car. He cannot be found (according to my lawyer, they are still looking, but he is probably an illegal alien). The rental car company's insurance is offering $15,000, the minimum liability coverage required by the state. Can my lawyer go after the rental car company itself as the owner of the car? Or am I stuck with filing a claim with my under-insured policy?

Originally posted by kangar00
My wife was struck by a person driving a rental car. He cannot be found (according to my lawyer, they are still looking, but he is probably an illegal alien). The rental car company's insurance is offering $15,000, the minimum liability coverage required by the state. Can my lawyer go after the rental car company itself as the owner of the car? Or am I stuck with filing a claim with my under-insured policy?
The best thing to do is ask your lawyer. He will be familiar with all the facts and circumstances of which we are not aware. Insurance companies are known to lowball. It might seem that there will be no defense to your claims, especially if the accident report is written up in your favor. We don't know as much as your attorney does...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back